St. Pius X Mass Schedule
Daily Mass 8 am M-F
Sat 5 pm
Sun 8 am, 10 am
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Sat 3:30-4:30 pm
St. Pius X Parish Office
3878 Highland Ave
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
“By the sacred anointing of the sick and the prayer of the priests, the whole Church commends those who are ill to the suffering and glorified Lord, that he may raise them up and save them. And indeed she exhorts them to contribute to the good of the People of God by freely uniting themselves to the Passion and death of Christ.” (Lumen Gentium, 11).
CCC, 1532: The special grace of the sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick has as its effects:
· the uniting of the sick person to the passion of Christ, for his own good and that of the whole Church;
· the strengthening, peace, and courage to endure in a Christian manner the sufferings of illness or old age;
· the forgiveness of sins, if the sick person was not able to obtain it through the sacrament of Penance;
· the restoration of health, if it is conducive to the salvation of his soul;
· the preparation for passing over to eternal life.
Anyone desiring to be anointed because of illness, age or impending surgery should contact the priest or the parish office. A communal Anointing of the Sick is scheduled twice a year, please watch the bulletin for date and time of this special celebration of the sacrament.'
Services for the homebound, the hospitalized or those residing in a care facility: Anyone who is homebound, either permanently or temporarily, and who would like to receive one of the sacraments should contact the priest or the parish office. On First Fridays, the priest makes home visits, bringing Eucharist to those who have requested it. Under the direction of the priest, lay Eucharistic Ministers may bring Eucharist on a weekly basis.